Curtained


My curtains keep the sun from stealing the color from my new furniture.  My curtains hide me from the repo man.  My curtains make a blanket on the sidewalk outside my former home.


This was written for The Trifecta Writing Challenge.  We were to write a 33-word story illustrating three uses of one object.

Labels:

Writing in the Margins, Bursting at the Seams: Curtained

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Curtained


My curtains keep the sun from stealing the color from my new furniture.  My curtains hide me from the repo man.  My curtains make a blanket on the sidewalk outside my former home.


This was written for The Trifecta Writing Challenge.  We were to write a 33-word story illustrating three uses of one object.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At August 11, 2012 at 4:39 PM , Blogger lumdog2012 said...

This is a sad tale, to be sure. I hope it's fiction. Very nicely done.

 
At August 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM , Anonymous kgwaite said...

lumdog2012 has left a new comment on your post "Curtained":

This is a sad tale, to be sure. I hope it's fiction. Very nicely done.

 
At August 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM , Anonymous Marie Nicole said...

I agree with Lumdog. Sad and hopefully fiction...

 
At August 11, 2012 at 7:24 PM , Anonymous Ruby Manchanda said...

The writing is very poetic and precise.

 
At August 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM , Anonymous uneven steven said...

Good story!

 
At August 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM , Anonymous Renada Styles said...

that is a sad end, but an interesting take on what a curtain can be used for.

 
At August 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM , Anonymous kgwaite said...

Thanks for reading!

 
At August 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous kgwaite said...

Writing in 33 words is forcing me to be precise. Thanks, Ruby.

 
At August 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM , Anonymous Tara R. said...

A tragic life turn in only 33 words. Well done.

 
At August 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM , Anonymous JannaTWrites said...

This is a heart-wrenching story. Well-done.

 
At August 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM , Anonymous Jessie Powell said...

Ouch! Too familiar for me. My parents taught me young to swear off Rent-a-Center and the like (You can rent what you need at AllRentCo, the only way to go!), and I never could figure out why people went that route until I was older. And then, I just felt horrible. For my own ignorance, for them renting furniture that they would never keep.

 
At August 12, 2012 at 7:33 PM , Anonymous Trifecta said...

Very creative take on the prompt. Something, I hope, that is all fiction. Thanks for linking up with us this week. Be sure to come on back tomorrow for the new challenge.

 
At August 13, 2012 at 7:13 AM , Anonymous Annette said...

I love your choice of object and how it tells the story from sun to repo to sidewalk. Well done!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home