Band Concert


"Kid's got Van Gogh's ear for music," Schmidt whispers. "I can blow my nose more musically."

The band director pulls a handkerchief from his pocket, shakes it open, and hands it to Schmidt.

This was written for this weekend's Trifecta Writing Challenge in which we were to include in idiom in a 33 word piece.

Labels:

Writing in the Margins, Bursting at the Seams: Band Concert

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Band Concert


"Kid's got Van Gogh's ear for music," Schmidt whispers. "I can blow my nose more musically."

The band director pulls a handkerchief from his pocket, shakes it open, and hands it to Schmidt.

This was written for this weekend's Trifecta Writing Challenge in which we were to include in idiom in a 33 word piece.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At March 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Van Gogh's ear for music...snx!
I hadn't heard that one before.
Some of today's kids certainly have Van Gogh's ear for music--and a tin ear to boot! ;-)
I sound like my father (RIP).

 
At March 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for reading! I hadn't heard of that one either, but as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to use it.

 
At March 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM , Blogger lumdog2012 said...

This is hysterical. Never heard Van Gogh's ear before but it's perfect. They could also use the hankie to cry!

 
At March 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Jazzbumpa said...

Best of all, today is Vincent's birthday.

Cheers!
JzB

 
At March 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I could pretend I knew that, but I won't. Thanks for stopping by.

 
At March 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Whispering Thoughts said...

Good work

 
At March 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Ruby!

 
At March 31, 2013 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Lumdog!

 
At March 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Marie Nicole said...

I actually almost used this idiom. I'd never heard it before and found it most amusing. I'm glad I didn't go with it now, I never could have given it as much justice as you have...

 
At March 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM , Anonymous barbara said...

love the band teacher's reaction! :)

 
At March 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Draug said...

As a former band geek, I'm in love with this (: The idiom is so unique too!

 
At March 31, 2013 at 5:35 PM , Blogger tedstrutz said...

Van Gogh's Ear... clever!

 
At March 31, 2013 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Suzanne said...

This is great! I love that the band director called him on his claims. Love your use of idiom!

 
At April 1, 2013 at 1:11 AM , Blogger Atreyee said...

Lol!Too good Kelly & that too with a fresh idiom:-)

 
At April 1, 2013 at 5:05 AM , Blogger kymm said...

lol Snort! lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home